Thursday, December 20, 2007

(Edit)

Even though it's erm, rather late. (Understatement.)

Anyway, to tie up loose ends:

In case anyone didn't realise, when I typed Goodbye in the previous post, I meant Goodbye; as in: Farewell, Blog, I shall not post here henceforth.

On another note, I seem to be missing everything.

First came the ONE-DAY-ONLY My Chemical Romance concert, which so happened to fall on MY BIRTHDAY.

WHY DIDN'T I GO?! (Please let them come again next year! PLEASE; WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND CHOCOLATE FUDGE AND CHOCOLATE POP-TARTS ON TOP!)

Xinyi tells me that Simple Plan came while I was away at Tianjin for the exchange programme as well.

Joy.

And now I stare in envy at the videos of the MCR concert on youtube, reminiscing the Memories Not Mine.

That's the way it goes.

Oh well, to bring this to a more proper ending, here's a poem which I wrote when I was twelve. (Random? Not really actually,)
------------------------------
Our Friendship; As I knew It

We were once united
And then
Our Friendship faded into memories.

As each day passes
The shattered trust we once held in each other
Becomes so difficult to mend.

Split up
Into alternate universes, in spirit
Yet passing each other everyday
We were friends
Once upon a time
Why did it have to turn out this way?

Do I know you, stranger?
Yes, I think I do
You're that girl
That memory
Tucked away--
That wonderful friend I once knew

So close,
Yet so far
What a familiar line.

And yet
Ironically, used in truth,
All too aptly this time.

But that's just Life.
Isn't it?
Always full of clichés.

Reality, like a slap across my face
Seems so harsh,
So cold.

Illusions of a brighter future
The sweetest lies
Life ever told.

Distant figures sharing a cherished past
But the present has Metamorphosed
Many a Personality.

Maybe 'tis our Fate not to remain as we were
But you will remain dear to me forever, my friend.
As we used to be.
---------------------------
That's where the url came from, in case you haven't noticed.

I won't be taking the blog down. For sentiment.
------------------------------
So here, I mark the close of one part of my existence (which coincidentally marks my first year in NJ as well).

But with every end comes a beginning; or so They say.

(They seem to make sense most of the time.)

And so I bid you Aidieu, at my Fifty-seventh post.

Once again, as MCR has it;
Your Memory will Carry On.

No comments: